Attorneys at The Wasinger Law Group are tech savvy. We were one of the first law firms in the St. Louis area to become intimately involved with courtroom technology in a case which was tried in the Eagleton Federal Courthouse in downtown St. Louis. Using Summation, a document management software, we controlled the large amount of documentation involved in the case, saving our client thousands of dollars in attorney fees and resulting in a verdict of $21.5 million (past results afford no guarantee of future results; every case is different and must be judged on its own merits).
Since scanning documents is far less expensive than making copies of each document pertaining to a case, we always keep our customers’ needs in mind with each trial. We believe that technology allows us to present our case to the jury more effectively, while consecutively keeping trial costs down.
We also use Sanction II trial presentation software to present evidence during trial, allowing us to transfer information to courtroom computer monitors for the judge, jury, witness and opposing counsel to view. Documents required to be shared with opposing counsel or the court are scanned onto discs. And, wherever possible, we also use video conferencing to deal with out-of-town witnesses.
Our attorneys are networked between their home offices and our corporate offices so that they are always on top of trial issues.
Our technology resources include:
- Every professional has desktop access to the Internet and critical databases such as LEXIS. Our contacts with database providers allow our professionals unlimited usage which helps us provide research at 50% - 80% savings from normal charges.
- Every professional has desktop access to a complete database of the firm’s product including transaction documents, court forms, briefs, research memos, opinions, exhibits and presentations making us more efficient and productive.
- We have the capability to convert or adapt any popular database into a format that matches one of our current database, such as Summation
- Every professional has a laptop computer.
- A new highly secure virtual private network which allows us to access documents from throughout the county.
Our network provides the most efficient service possible to our clients. With these tools our professionals are much more productive and provide our clients with more value.
We live in the instant communication age where cell phones, faxes, e-mail, streaming video and video conferencing are no longer esoteric high tech toys, but vital and integral business tools.
We believe that most legal projects today are management-intensive and require a genuine team effort to be successful. Coordinating the skills of clients, attorneys, experts, and others is critical. Accessibility to people and information resources must be fast and seamless for everyone involved.
Our system network architecture allows us to create, retrieve and share information with all engagement team members easily through e-mail. Anything that’s in the network can be shared, communicated, revised and approved quickly and easily.
We are proud of our technology capabilities and believe they make us better at what we do best—provide clients with more than law, provide clients with a consultative partner to make their business more successful. We also recognize that our technology capabilities can help our clients and we have assisted many clients to install necessary technology.
We work conscientiously to stay ahead of the curve and are continually training and updating our professionals so that they can handle every client project with thoroughness and economy by using information technology, not simply having it available.